Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Tango of Music and Love

Mariah Carey, TLC, Ella Mae Sayson, Martin Nieverra and Kyla are just few who have been a part of my life. Not that I am friends with them (though I wish I am), their music are.

They were there when I was down the slope of love. They cheered me when I was high with the magic of it. They shed light to my doubts when I got trapped in the web of cupid’s spell. They stood by me when I thought love has lost its place in Webster. And just like what Bonnie Tyler famously said in her Billboard hit “Love songs won’t leave you, as lovers often do.”

Love and music is like Romeo and Juliet, or Anthony and Cleopatra, or Jennifer Lopez and Ben Afflect (before the break-up). Where goes love, so does music. Any milestone in a relationship is depicted perfectly in the tune currently playing on the radio. Every reason of happiness, anger, hurt or sadness is alleviated or heightened by a song. And when sung, the performer seems to convey all the emotions you have in your heart (though we sometimes wish their facial expressions would give justice to the song as well).

Music is lyrical poetry. While words help us paint the fantasy we all want to live in, music softly carries us there. And love – love is the fire that keeps us burning with faith that in the end, it (love) would conquer all.

While a song can be played all day and all night, it would mean nothing without anybody relating to it. And love (or hate) is just a feeling if there are no songs to help us get past through dreaming of love, falling for it, living in it, dying for it, and resurrected for it.

It just goes to show that one cannot survive without the other. And people cannot be in love without loving music. And succumbing to the power of love cannot happen without any melody to blow the wind.

Love and music is therefore everywhere. They’re there when a person comes to our lives and turns our fantasy to reality. They share our sleepless nights when sweet turned to sour and they stay until the storm quiets down. Then goes the cycle again.

“Here, there and everywhere..,” so The Beatles say. And we too shall remain.

No comments:

Ode to my Family

when everything is, and even when it's not; when the days are bright, and even when sun's not in sight; i take a look at you and...